Operating model assessment and post implementation review
Client: Coal seam gas provider
Duration: Six Weeks
Our client, a major producer of onshore gas, implemented a new operating model and management operating system to support its ambitious growth plans and long-term vision. After twelve months of implementing this crucial strategy, our client wanted to evaluate its progress. Specifically, the leadership team aimed to analyse how the changes contributed to growth, identify potential business risks, uncover new opportunities, and gauge the level of engagement among team members.
Minset’s significant systems experience and people-centred philosophy made it the perfect choice for this complex and highly strategic project.
To create an efficient and accurate assessment methodology, Minset spent time with the client’s design and implementation team to understand the strategy, the required outcomes, and the short- and longer-term objectives. As Minset was entrusted with a productivity and observation project at the same time, the team cleverly optimised data collection, insights, and analysis across both projects. This reduced direct project costs.
The Minset team:
- Provided data-driven insights ‘from the field’ so leaders could improve decision-making, prioritise follow-up actions, and modify implementation plans.
- Identified vital factors central to the organisation’s future expansion. These included improving planning and scheduling activities, giving the control room more operational responsibilities, improving the integration between procurement and logistics, and standardising work through SAP.
- Outlined several important employee issues, such as workers using outdated processes, and unsustainable, resource-intensive onboarding and training practices.
- Suggested a number of easy-to-fix ‘quick wins’ for team members, including improving contractor system access, re-visiting workplace organisation at some sites, rationalising inspections, and streamlining some workplace processes and procedures.
- Created baseline measurements to demonstrate progress and change.
- Used ‘quick wins’ to build worker confidence and project momentum
- Empowered leaders through data-driven findings to improve decision-making
- Implemented an industry-leading repeatable and reliable measuring process and framework
- Set quantifiable baseline measures for all future projects
- Provided the client with all data, insights, and analysis to celebrate successes and adjust the implementation plan as needed